Why Canaan Global Academy (CGA) is one of the very best Christian Schools you should choose?
Deciding on an educational institution for your child is a major decision. You may be asking yourself this question. As parents, especially if you are a Christian, you are called to help your child grow in knowledge and wisdom and have the responsibility to “train the child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6). So that children can “grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with men. “(Luke 2:52)
Here are some of the reasons for choosing Canaan Global Academy (CGA) and Christian schools:
- CGA has developed our HOPE educational model which helps our students see God’s work and to live out their lives in a positive way that is pleasing to Him. A Christian school helps children and young people see God’s creation and understand what they are learning from the perspective discovering His amazing work.
- CGA is dedicated to nurturing students with any faith, learning style and cultural background out of our love and respect for God and humanity. Christian Schools form a stronger partnership with parents as they are able to operate under biblical principles, a foundation for communication and mutual understanding.
- CGA educates students with the freedom to explore, experience and evaluate all of life from both a secular and biblical perspective, nurturing them to be leaders of the future. Like all Christian Schools, we are aware that God has a plan and place for each and everyone.
- CGA appreciates students’ individual differences and recognizes that we are an amazing creation of God. Like all Christian schools, we provide a united, harmonious and caring learning environment which is most conducive to learning and what is being taught, compliments what is being taught and valued in the home.
- CGA helps students understand their potentials and trains them up to serve the world with the given gifts or talents. Within a Christian school, students are provided with much more opportunities for service learning. Students can use their God-given talents for His service to the community.
- CGA positions itself to help nurture students in academic success along with a well-rounded development. A Christian school prepares students for life, not only how to achieve academically. Children trained in biblical values that will carry them far and wide as they transition with confidence and success through school, into the work environment and in society.
CGA is a forward-looking school. We keep our core values in all our daily practices, and we are always transformed by the renewing of our mind (Romans, 12:2) so that we could effectively help our students to face their current and future life challenges.
God expects all of us to understand and live out His Word. This is best accomplished in settings where home, church and school all send the same message, reinforcing the values that bring forth real meaning and success in life.
We ask that you prayerfully consider the choices you have, and May God bless you.
Why Choose Canaan?
Canaan Global Academy is a school where structured learning nurtures children in their spiritual, moral, intellectual, emotional, physical, social and aesthetic development, all from a biblical perspective. Canaan is a safe, caring and accepting learning environment where students learn, explore, experience, and evaluate all of life from a Christian perspective. It provides all the advantages of a Christian School as mentioned in Why Canaan Global Academy (CGA) is one of the very best Christian Schools you should choose? (link)
In addition, here are a few of our superior areas:
HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHING TEAM
- We have experience leading award-winning science teams through various renowned competitions across Canada and throughout the world.
- We are professional, experienced and caring Christian staff who teach and mentor our teenagers. We are proud to claim that our staff consists of over 92% Ontario Certified Teachers (OCT) or have a Master’s degree or above.
SMALLER CLASS. BIGGER IMPACT
- We have an extremely favorable teacher-student ratios, to build strong relationships, provide intensive care and help to develop long-lasting relationships. Our smaller, more intimate gatherings encourage students to be participants rather than spectators.
- Our mentorship programs and practice focus on helping students to unleashing their potential and interest, coaching students to achieve their goals, developing student leadership skills.
We have an extensive partnership with the community (both Christian and non-Christian) so that service opportunities are easily put into practice. Our graduates successfully enter post-secondary programs of their choice.
Other than our excellent full-time program, Canaan Global Academy is THE ANSWER to your individual academic needs and helps you to reach your promised land.
TAKING A CREDIT COURSE TO STAY AHEAD IN YOUR LEARNING.
If you take the credit course after school anytime within the school year, you will be able to complete one extra credit course each semester outside your school and again leaving you time to focus on fewer courses the next term.
Taking the required credits during the summer (It is possible to fulfill two credits in the summer) leaves you time in the following school year to plan better for university or to have a lighter course load and less stress. If you take the summer credit, even if you plan to take it again at your day school, you would have already learnt the content and thus have an obvious advantage over your classmates.
YOUNG SCIENTISTS MENTORING PROGRAM
We are proud to say we have possibly the most esteemed Math and Science faculty. Our staff have experience in mentoring award winning science competitions (e.g. Physics Olympiad, Sanofi-Aventis’ Biogenius Competition…etc.) and will gladly direct you if you are interested.
STEP AHEAD AND EXCEL YOURSELF
- You can take the STEP AHEAD program. Get a feel of the course by taking a condensed version of 36 hours with us to see if this is the subject you would want to pursue.
- The STEP AHEAD program also prepares you adequately for the course to enable you to score higher when you take it again in your school.
- STEP AHEAD hours flexible and you can come after school or during the weekend.
LOOKING FOR TUTORIALS AND SKILLS TRAINING?
- Whether you are looking for a university preparatory course (AP subjects) or English proficiency tests like COPE, IELTS, we are here to get ready for your college or university admissions.
- We have after school tutorials for ALL COURSES and ALL GRADES. Come speak with us!
- You just want to take some language courses for fun? French, Mandarin, Korean…We have at least 5 foreign language courses we can offer at this stage and it is still growing!
NEW TO CANADA? LOOK NO FURTHER! WE’RE SPECIALIZED TO SUPPORT YOUR EVERY NEED!
- Our tailored programs allow you to start almost anytime in the year. We have a continuous intake (every odd month of the year), so you don’t have to miss anything or have to struggle to catch up.
- You may also consider us for courses that your school would need you to take before you are allowed to take other courses. E.g. ESL. Because we have such flexible start time, you can save a whole semester. In other words, we assist you in fulfilling your prerequisites, and it will allow you to transition seamlessly into your school. Contact us for more details.
- Ask about our boarding program, scholarships, homestay arrangements and more!
- Hallmarks of the Canaan Global Academy experience includes a safe environment where Christian teachers and passionate educators will share their experience and provide you with the support you need, mentoring you along the way to true success.